Notice: VPIS Special General Meeting (SGM)
Have your say and join the VPIS Board for a 2023 Special General Meeting regarding the amendment of Constitution. Please note that if you wish to speak at the SGM you must be identifiable via video and your name must be clearly stated.
If you wish to attend, please register your interest at email@example.com on or before 10 November 2023.
If you are unable to attend you may wish to register your proxy
When: 22 November 2023 at 5.30PM
- VPIS has recently conducted a review of its governance rules and considered changes that the Board recommends are necessary, that can be made to further VPIS’ function as a licenced insurer.
- Following rule 25 of the Constitution, this document is notice of an Extraordinary Meeting to be held for the purpose of discussing and voting on:
- the proposed changes to the Constitution;
- the re-registration of the Society pursuant to the Incorporated Societies Act 2022.
- Key changes proposed to the Constitution include the following:
- Changes to the makeup of the Board to include a maximum of 7 elected Board Members.
- Removing the requirement that one Board Member be appointed by the Association of Rural Veterinary Practices Incorporated, now operating as the New Zealand Vet Club Association Incorporated (212699).
- Maintaining a maximum number of 9 years that a Board Member may serve as a Board Member within any 15 year period – although any Board Member appointed by the New Zealand Vet Club Association Incorporated (212699) currently serving may continue their term until 30 September 2024.
- The Board Chairperson and Secretary may continue their terms until 30 September 2025.
- Minor amendments to make the Constitution accurate in reference to the Incorporated Societies Act 2022.
- Amendments to the Society’s Constitution are at Schedule 1.
- The Explanatory Note re the proposed amendments to the Constitution are at Schedule 2.
- Motion to Amend the Constitution are at Schedule 3.
- Read the full Notice re Amendment to the VPIS Constitution Schedule 4.
- Confirmation of quorum
- Motion to amend the Constitution